Project development teams at this Midwest insurance company had long used CA Agile Central (formerly Rally) to support their Agile development work. While this had been extremely effective in managing tasks and team-level resources, it was not nearly as effective in managing project demand and resource management across the enterprise. The company was using Excel reports to try to fill the gap, but something more robust was clearly needed. Clarity PPM was the obvious solution, and Winmill Software was the obvious partner to get it done!
- It was difficult to report true project status
- Executives and managers struggled to understand resource demand across the enterprise
- There was need for portfolio management and reporting
- Excel was being used for key reporting, which was time consuming and easily fallible
- The solution had to integrate with CA Agile Central, which was a critical platform for the organization
- Deploy Clarity using WinMill’s PPM Rapid Prototype Implementation
- Integrate Clarity and Agile Central, so development teams could continue work in Agile Central, while project managers worked in PPM
- Project Intake was implemented in Clarity PPM
- Timesheets integration was implemented to feed from Agile Central to PPM, thus minimizing duplicate entry and multiple logins
Winmill implemented Clarity PPM with Agile Central integration to give the company the best of all worlds. Development teams continue to use Agile Central for project-level task and resource management, as well as timesheets. (The timesheet integration was particularly welcome, enabling developers to book hours directly in Agile, thus avoiding the need to use a second tool.) Seamless integration with Clarity PPM allows project managers to effectively manage capacity and demand of portfolios, projects and resources across the organization, and to provide long awaited, enterprise-level management reporting.
Winmill implemented Clarity with Agile Central integration to give the company the best of all worlds. Development teams continue to use Agile Central for project-level task and resource management, as well as timesheets.