Today, organizations must move at a pace much faster than ever before. Many companies are migrating from a traditional waterfall approach to a more efficient agile process. However, as some organizations make this move, they discover they do not get the results they had expected. The agile approach works well in some areas and not so well in others.
Winmill’s Agile Starter Kit helps your organization begin its agile journey and maximize its success. We align our efforts with your company’s goals, objectives, and current operations.
Winmill Agile Starter Kit
Winmill Agile Assessment Questionnaire
Our assessment provides a roadmap for your agile journey. It outlines the changes to be made along the way and offers best practices to achieve those changes.
- Executive support for the agile process
Often, executives who try to reduce their teams’ time to market don’t understand what Agile means. Agile teams must work closely with their executives throughout the project for the best chance of success.
We assess your management team’s needs for Agile training. We ensure they are familiar with the process, the mindset, and understand how to lead by example.
- Agile team formation
Our Winmill team of experts assists teams with forming, storming, norming, and performing.
- Crawl, walk, run
We understand that organizations can’t adopt agile without first piloting it and proving that it works. By helping select smaller projects, we can demonstrate how Agile works and prove its value.
Setting Objectives and Key Results (OKR)
What makes Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) more effective than KPIs? The fact that they are driven by “outcomes.” Winmill’s OKR Workshop will guide you and your team through the foundational understanding of how OKRs can help you achieve operational excellence, and then work with you to create your own.
- Establish a foundational understanding of OKRs, how they differ from KPIs, and how not to turn them into “KPIs by another name”
- Co-create OKRs based on our templates to track progress
- Adopt OKRs as a standard operating procedure
Get started quickly and successfully with agile and any tool of your choosing. Get expert guidance in both processes and different platforms from one of our consultants.
- Orientation and discovery to understand your current state
- Agile training to ensure everyone starts with the same level of understanding
- Solution specific training to increase adoption
- Establish agile best practices
- Team-level follow ups to ensure everyone stays on track
Initial Tool Implementation and Configuration
Every project has a scope, schedule, budget, resources, time, etc., that must be managed regardless of the development methodology.
We help your organization choose the right Agile toolkit, such as Broadcom’s Rally or Planview’s AgilePlace, which also supports Value Stream Management.
Value Stream Identification
The Winmill team will help create an operational understanding of your current and future state value streams to more effectively achieve business objectives.
- Create an understanding of a current value stream and identify opportunities to address pain points and achieve business objectives
- How to correctly identify value streams
- Identify your value streams throughout your entire stack so that we can immediately apply our new knowledge
- Build out your current-state value stream
- Identify bottlenecks and apply lean thinking to resolve them
- Build future-state value stream maps
Tasktop Integration and Migration Services
Sync data from multiple sources so each user can connect to and utilize the system that is most convenient and applicable for them.
Build integrations between your agile solutions and popular platforms such as Jira, Azure DevOps Server, IBM Doors, etc.
Training for Agile Teams and Agile Coaching
Winmill provides training based on the framework and implementation of your Agile solution to ensure its success for many years to come.
We will guide, mentor, and facilitate the activities needed to design and build agile practices for various teams in your organization.
- Agile Mindset
- Executive Coaching
- Objective and Key Results Management
- Lean Portfolio Management
- Value Stream Management
Team up with Winmill PPM to get started on the right path for your agile journey.