With a Winmill PPM QuickStart, we start with a small group of users, typically one department. Using as much out-of-the-box functionality as possible and our deep store of best practices, we get clients successfully using Planview or Clarity in just 6-12 weeks! Our QuickStart is a first phase focused on quick wins and user adoption.
We kickoff the QuickStart onsite with 3-5 days of joint architecture and design (JAD) sessions, where we determine the client’s detailed requirements. We write up our findings and present them in a configuration design document. Once approved we do the configurations, build custom reports and workflows (if in scope), and do system testing. We provide train-the-trainer sessions and turn the configured environment over for UAT. We make minor adjustments as needed, and then deploy to production. A QuickStart may include train-the trainer and/or end-user training. We can deliver a QuickStart Implementation in 6-12 weeks, and most clients see it as a fast way to get ROI before moving on to additional functional or organizational rollouts in Phase 2.
- Looking for quick time to value, wants a 6-12 week timeline
- Looking for some customization, while staying 85-90% OOTB
- Has bandwidth for requirements and design sessions, and can project management support
- Open to future phases for integrations, additional functionality, new departments, etc.
- Needs more support and a longer timeline than the Rapid Prototype allows
- Custom configuration based on Joint Architecture and Design sessions
- SOW with defined scope items, rather than a bucket of hours
- Train-the-trainer knowledge transfer for users and an administrator
- End-user training materials provided, but not customized
- No integrations
- Limited project management
- Client does all business process development and organizational change management
- 6-12 weeks