A global network engineering company needed a Project & Portfolio Management tool that could increase transparency, drive agility, and improve financial reporting. They selected Planview Enterprise One, a mainstay in the Gartner PPM Magic Quadrant. In addition, they partnered with Winmill to ensure these results could not only be met but align with industry standards.
Winmill implemented Planview Enterprise One using the FastTrack implementation solution from Planview. This approach enabled them to increase collaboration between the project delivery organization and the business they support. With Winmill’s help, the customer was up and running on E1 in just 60 days, deriving immediate value. Furthermore, a framework and roadmap were put in place for implementing the next 2 phases.
- Lacking visibility in order to drive financial reporting.
- Portfolio review and planning processes needed tuning.
- Staffing utilization not in sync with project timelines.
- Gap between strategic level planning and project execution.
- Missing full–view decision capabilities in portfolio planning including visibility into risk.
- Incorporated portfolio level strategic hierarchy to give visibility at each level for Financial Reporting and minimize gap between planning and execution.
- Activated Requests creating a single point of entry for all incoming demand and associating each request with formal review workflows.
- Enabled Resource Capacity Management allowing detailed insight into role and resource capacity and demand.
- Implemented Global Risk to allow risk capturing outside of the project itself to better align with decision making.
Winmill was able to provide best-in-class service, and in less than 3 months, the solution was designed and delivered without interruption to ongoing operations.
Winmill was able to provide best-in-class service, providing business and project managers with greater visibility into the depths of their projects using E1. In less than 3 months, this solution was designed and delivered without interruption to ongoing operation.