What’s New in Clarity 15.9.1!
February 9, 2021
New features for Clarity Release 15.9.1 include:
- Flexible new capabilities to enhance Hierarchies with a (read-only) cross investment grid view that is easy to use, reducing the need for a technical resource to build custom reports. (BETA) *
- Additional configuration capability extending Custom Sub-Objects to a 3rd level within an investment hierarchy.
- Powerful governance controls with the introduction of field level security for Custom Sub-Objects, aiming to eliminate the need to manage secure sub-pages while providing a robust data security framework.
- Extended Blueprint capabilities to configure Channels for Project, Idea, Custom Investment, and Custom Object investment types with added support for up to 15 Channels per investment type.
- Various quality-of-life UX improvements including:
- The ability to format text fields using the following tools: Bold, Underline, Italics, Strikethrough, Indenting, Bullets and numberings, Font size / font family, Text color and background color, & Hyperlinks.
- Improved financial visibility with the addition of an Actual Transaction (read-only) grid within the Financials module for Projects, Ideas, and Custom Investments.
- Usability improvements to aggregate per-period metrics (TSVs) across Project, Idea and Custom Investments Staff, Assignments and Financials modules.
- Additional attribute data type support for Attachments (in the grid view); inclusion of the ability to sync the Goal attribute with Roadmap Items; added support for per-period metrics (TSVs) including Actuals, ETC, Total Usage, Remaining Allocation, Remaining Availability in the Staff module.
- UX improvements to Timesheet entry and approve pages such as section expand and collapse; Timesheets grid updates providing users with the ability to multi-select (and single-select) individual timesheets to perform approve or return actions.
- Usability improvements to Board cards limiting the hyperlink within the CARD TITLE field
- Enhancements related to the WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility standard, with the inclusion of color and contrast updates for users with color blindness. In addition, numerous foundational accessibility improvements have been incorporated encompassing Visual design (e.g., color, contrast, visible focus), Responsive Design (e.g., pop-up windows, text areas, and browser zoom), Keyboard (e.g., key input, tab order, & focus), and Screen readers (e.g., semantics, hierarchy, & pages structures) in accordance with WCAG 2.1 AA requirements.
- Greater flexibility to search for and retrieve information using “equals”, “not equals”, “empty”, & “not empty” filter types.
- Updated the Staffing workspace to support ‘Days’ from a planning perspective.
* This is a beta feature and may contain bugs, errors and/or other problems. This feature is provided “AS IS, WITH NO WARRANTIES.” CA does not guarantee the availability of this beta feature, and any outages or downtime of the beta feature will not count towards service credits pursuant to CA’s service level agreement. There is no guarantee, representation or obligation that the beta feature will ever be made generally available in future releases of the product.
If you are an On-Premise customer, you can download your copy of Clarity Release 15.9.1 online at CA Support where you can also utilize CA’s case management system. To install your product, follow the installation procedures for your product at Tech Docs. If you are a SaaS customer, your environment will be automatically upgraded to the new release at a scheduled time following the 15.9.1 GA release date. Customers can expect a follow up communication with additional details related to automatic upgrades. If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact CA Support, or your Winmill PPM Consulting team.
Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features, or implementing this latest release, Winmill PPM is here to help.
The integrated solution of Clarity Project & Portfolio Manager (Clarity) and CA Agile Central (formerly Rally) helps you effectively balance agility and governance by connecting the work of agile teams to your enterprise portfolio. With a single, consolidated view into all types of work happening across your portfolio, portfolio managers and business leaders can realize clear business optics to monitor budgets and optimize resources for maximum value.