What’s New in Clarity 15.2
- New User Experience for Resource Management which includes dynamic new ways to plan, forecast and staff resource projects with resources. This release introduces the following new capabilities: a single view for resource teams that lets you deal with incoming requests; navigate through time period frames to determine allocations, workload etc; perform load balancing; project managers, resource managers and project coordinators authorized with Resource Management – Navigate permission can access the resource management pages in the New User Experience.
- New Features for the New User Experience for Project Management and Timesheets 15.1 introduced the new User Experience for Project Management and Timesheets and it continues to improve in 15.2. New features include:
- Resource Managers or any user authorized with Resource – Enter Time permission can create, edit and submit timesheets for the other team members.
- Resource Managers can filter, view, approve, return and adjust timesheets of resources reporting to other managers if they have the appropriate rights.
- Project Managers and Team Members can view and edit all documents associated with their Project.
- Resources can access their timesheets directly from CA Agile Central, if they are authorized with Timesheet Navigate permission. This is supported for non-SSO based login.
- Project Managers and Team Members can preview current and previous status reports in PDF format. Status reports can also be published via PDF format.
- Team members can search on tasks assigned to them (My Tasks) irrespective of the status of the task.
- New System Health Report The new health report lists the setup status and completion percentage for the application, database and warehouse. The % Completed value calculates the total number of settings that require a value during a new install or upgrade. This report is valuable for OnPremise customers.
- New PPM Customization Discovery Analysis Report and Job On Premise Administrators can view a discovery analysis report to detect system customizations. This new report identifies potential non-compliant objects before migrating or upgrading from an On Premise to a SaaS environment.
- New Jobs for Resource Management Two new jobs are available: The Convert Mixed Booking Status and Disable Allow Mixed Bookings Option Job and the Populate Resource Management Curves Job.
- New Parallel Job Processor (For Global Delivery Teams only – not for general consumption) This job processor processes tasks in one or more jobs in parallel to speed completion time.
- Improvements to Team Collaboration including the ability to start and participate in a conversation and mention team members in a conversation using the @sign. The solution is similar to how you mention people on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and other social media solutions.
- Default Entities have been enhanced to allow the default entity for the system to be selected from the following application pages: Entity Properties and Financial Management Defaults. A default entry is required for the new telescope calendar capability available with the new Resource Management user experience.
- Enhancements to Jaspersoft, Advanced Reporting and the Data Warehouse To simplify administration of the Jaspersoft server, the Jaspersoft superuser and tenant administrator can migrate (export and import) Jaspersoft Advanced Reporting content. To learn more, see Upgrade Jaspersoft and Advanced Reporting Content.
- The default status for the Load Data Warehouse and Load Data Warehouse Access Rights jobs is now set to Active.
- The following fields are now enabled for the Data Warehouse:
- Financial Status
- A new Previous Start Date column in the DWH_CFG_SETTINGS table. You can use the new DWH_DIM_PREV_START_DATE column combined with the DWH_DIM_START_DATE column to troubleshoot issues with the Data Warehouse. Records with the last updated date falling between the range of the previous start date and the start date are the records processed in the last run of the Data Warehouse job.
- The facts for MSSQL are now defined as numeric (32,6) to be consistent with the CA PPM SaaS database. The numeric change fixes the overflow issue for large numbers.
- Error handling has been added in the MS SQL for the Load Data Warehouse job. If an error occurs when you run the job, the job status does not show as Completed.
- A new error handling table, DWH_CMN_ERROR_MESSAGE contains the error message and the SQL code that was being processed at the time the Load Data Warehouse job failed.
- A new Product or Application Roadmap report is available with the PMO Accelerator Advanced Reporting content.
The following performance improvements are also available:
- Financial plans for incremental loads: The incremental load makes use of a new DWH_TMP_FIN_RECORD_KEYS table that contains only those plans that changed since the last incremental load. The database view joins to this table to reduce the amount of data processed. This can significantly improve performance on large data sets.
- Financial transaction facts: Similar to recent improvements for assignments and teams, the load performance of financial transaction facts data is improved. These tables often contain millions of rows of data. The tables include DWH_FIN_TRANSACTION, DWH_FIN_TRANSACTION_LN, and DWH_INV_TASK_PERIOD_FACTS.
CA PPM SaaS integrates with CA Agile Central agile development software. In this release, the integration provides the following enhancements:
- Previously, you could only import CA Agile Central portfolio items into CA PPM SaaS projects as tasks. Now, you can also push CA PPM SaaS tasks into CA Agile Central as portfolio items.
- You can configure more than one application integration instance between CA PPM SaaS and CA Agile Central.
- A time tracking project template that you can configure and select during integration setup. The template contains time tracking tasks that are automatically generated for any new features imported from CA Agile Central into CA PPM SaaS. The time tracking project template is only available for use with the Agile Central to PPM integration direction.
- A new Product Roadmap dashboard that provides visibility into the agile product roadmaps.
- A new Agile Project Status dashboard that provides the overall picture and performance summary of a CA PPM SaaS project integrated with CA Agile Central.
- You can access CA PPM SaaS Timesheets in the New User Experience from CA Agile Central in a framed browser window.
The following software for servers integrating with CA PPM SaaS is supported.
Single Sign-On (SSO) Server
- CA Single Sign-On 12.52 SP01 CR01
- CA Single Sign-On 12.51 CR05
- Supports any LDAP v3 compliant directory server such as CA Directory, Microsoft Active Directory, NetIQ eDirectory, Oracle Internet Directory, and Oracle Directory Server.
- SharePoint Server 2013 (64-bit) SP1 Enterprise Edition (requires CA PPM SaaS SharePoint connector version 2.3).
For full details, please see the 15.2 Release Notes.
While frustrating, timesheets are an integral component of successful management. A typical resource manager oversees a team working on multiple projects simultaneously. The manager needs to ensure that the right people with the right skill sets are assigned to the appropriate projects as they arise, so a clear understanding of current and future capabilities and capacity is essential. For this, the manager needs to have a degree of certainty that the team is entering project time regularly and reliably.
The new CA Advantage Partner Program that reflects partners' desires for simplicity, profitability, protection and competitive differentiation. The partner program evolution is driven by CA's strategic aim to accelerate growth through focused route-to-market strategies, while delivering exceptional experiences for CA Partners.