What’s New in Clarity 15.5
- New Versions Bring More Benefits: The capabilities in 15.5 are designed to provide organizations with more value that drives adoption, empowers teams, and increases reporting and analytics knowledge to support smarter business decisions. The latest version also improves upon the underlying platform, so you can upgrade more easily and expand the PPM solution rapidly across your organization.
- A New User Experience: Release 15.5 is designed specifically to help project managers keep everyone informed, save time in tracking down work, and stay connected with the teams they support. Upgrade to 15.5 to improve your resource management and team collaboration capabilities. This amazing release also offers outstanding new features for roadmapping, managing risks, issues, and changes, project blueprints, channels, new team functionality, links, attachments, task boards, financial plans, and reporting, including scheduling and trending.
- Time-management Capabilities: With simplified time entry and approval, including support for mobile iOS and Android devices, employees can enter information from the field where the actual work takes place. Managers gain easy access to time tracking and approval. Access timesheets through CA Agile Central. There is also new Team Timesheet entry in 15.5.
- New Project Channel: You can configure a blueprint with up to five (5) modules that show external applications in a project. These can also be pages from the Classic UI, inside a Modern UI page.
- NEW Project Team Allocations: You can now add pre-defined teams to your project staff allocations. A new Staff field displays teams, resources, and roles that are on the project staff. The project Staff page now supports resource, role, and team replacement.When adding or replacing staff, you can search by primary role in the Resource field.
- NEW Team Administration: As an administrator with the appropriate rights, you can define teams for adaptive people planning. Project managers can allocate the pre-defined teams to project tasks. They can also populate cost plans based on team allocations or assignments. Users can enter time for a team. After you create a team in the New User Experience, Classic CA PPM shows the team as a new resource entry on the Resource List page under Home. You can configure additional properties for the new team resource for use throughout the application.
- NEW Investment Types (Beta): This release adds limited support for an entirely new type of investment object. You can create investment type objects in classic PPM using the Investment Extension abstract object. In the New User Experience, you can view the investment types on the new Investments page. A new Custom Investment – Navigate access right provides access to the new Investments page.
- Project Management Enhancements: In this release, you can assign labor roles and predefined teams to tasks. Previous releases supported task assignment to individual named resources only. The Tasks list available from the main menu has been aligned with the global grid design throughout the application. In this release, you can start a conversation, reply, or post a new comment by pressing the Enter key. The previous method, clicking the Post button, remains available. Also, after you attach or delete a file, focus is automatically set back to the conversation. To attach another file, click the Attach button again. In this release, when you create a project from a template in classic PPM or in the New User Experience, the project inherits the pre-defined to-do items, links, and banner color.
- Enhanced Integration Features: For Microsoft Project, this release includes a new task attribute named Microsoft Project Task Type that represents the Microsoft Project task type. You can indicate how a task is mapped to the Microsoft Project task type value. For Agile Central, a new Integration Type attribute has been introduced for the Integration object. The value for this attribute determines which tab appears in Administration under Integrations when creating a new integration. For example, for the current Portfolio Item Integration, the Integration Policy tab appears.
- Roadmapping Enhancements: You can now change the start or finish date for a roadmap item independently without affecting the other date. This enhancement allows you to fine-tune the roadmap item duration. The start date must be either earlier or the same as the finish date. The enhancement applies to both the grid and the roadmap item pop-over.Create and Edit Financial Cost Plans: The previous release introduced new project cost plans with grouping, sorting, and other viewing options for financial managers. This release adds support for creating, populating, updating, copying, and deleting cost plans. You can insert or remove rows and can copy and paste cells of financial data much like working in a spreadsheet application such as Microsoft Excel. You can now view total amounts for the per-period metrics that you select and other per-period metrics in the grid. In Column Panel, you can expand the Totals attribute to view the group of attributes for which you can view total amounts in the grid. You can clear an attribute to not appear in the Totals group in the grid.
- Data Warehouse Enhancements: In this release, incremental execution of the Load Data Warehouse job is improved in Oracle environments. The previous implementation of DELETE and INSERT functionality is now replaced by MERGE functions. These enhancements, first introduced in the 15.4.1 service pack, are now extended to the additional tables in the data warehouse.
- XOG Support for Team Definitions and Enhancements: The Resource, Project, and Capacity Planning Scenario XOG objects have been updated to include a new teamDefinitionId attribute that contains the code of the associated team definition. A resource that represents a team is exported with the new attribute. Additional business rules have been defined to support the import of resources that are also team definitions. Import and export of investment type objects is supported; however, investment type instances cannot be ported in or out using the XOG.
- New Access Rights: This release includes enhanced access rights for participants and project team.
For full details, please see the 15.5 Release Notes.
When CA Technologies acquired Niku and its flagship product Clarity back in 2005, Clarity quickly became the most recognized brand in CA’s extensive application portfolio. When CA later rebranded the application as CA Project & Portfolio Management, the industry was left scratching its collective head. The name “Clarity” remained popular, and never entirely dropped from the community vernacular. In November 2018, Broadcom completed its acquisition of CA Technologies, and immediately declared that most of their well-known products would be returned to their original names. And now it is official – CA PPM has been rebranded to Clarity PPM.
Broadcom has just released Clarity 15.7, making the world’s best Project & Portfolio Management system even better. The new release has a host of new features, including significant new user interface (UX) functionality. WinMill is offering hands-on workshops where we will come to your location to demonstrate new features and functionality . . . . 100% free. Sign up now, availability is limited!