Clarity SaaS Moving to Google Cloud and PostgreSQL
CA Technologies, A Broadcom Company will be moving it’s Clarity PPM Software as a Service (SaaS) to the Google Cloud Platform™ service (GCP). Current Broadcom Clarity PPM customers will be able to take advantage of features and improvements including, world class security, scalability, improved performance, automated updates and much more. Here is some additional information on the transition from Broadcom.
Below is taken from the Broadcom letter to their Clarity PPM SaaS Customers that goes over the details of the transition.
Broadcom will be updating its SaaS offerings to provide customers with modern SaaS capabilities. With this in mind, Broadcom will be moving its SaaS data center to the Google Cloud Platform™ service (GCP).
Your data will be stored at the new data centers, which represents a change to a material sub-contractor utilized in the provision of the Clarity PPM SaaS offering. As such, it is recommended that you provide this information to your security and compliance teams for their review.
By moving to the GCP data center, customers will be able to take advantage of the following features and improvements:
- World class security
- GCP provides a secure-by-design infrastructure, built-in protection, encryption at rest, and a global network used to protect all customer information, identities, applications, & devices.
- Standard security & compliance certifications are available for the data center itself and the Clarity PPM service.
- Scalability & performance
- Leveraging GCP’s global network, customers can expect faster, consistent, & scalable performance.
- Improved service and reduced maintenance windows.
- Automated Updates
- Customer environments are automatically upgraded and patched.
- New capabilities are released to customers automatically.
- Eliminate administrative overhead associated with obtaining new releases.
In order to enable a smooth transition to the new data center, Broadcom will perform the following activities for each Clarity PPM customer:
1. Upgrade to the Clarity PPM version GA at the time of transition
2. Convert the Clarity PPM database, data, and configurations to support PostgreSQL
3. Move all customers to the GCP data center
Broadcom will perform all the backend data conversion and migration activity resulting in minimum to no impact to product functionality and performance. Appropriate time will be given to customers to also perform their own functional testing and sign-off on the migration of the non-production environment.
The Clarity PPM SaaS data center migration is scheduled to begin January 1, 2020 and all customer migrations will be completed by June 30, 2020. Broadcom has defined a detailed migration schedule and will communicate the schedule to customers 30-60 days prior to their scheduled date so that there is sufficient time to answer questions, address concerns, and plan for any actions necessary to validate the new GCP environment.
To reduce the change impact to GCP, we encourage customers to upgrade to the latest GA version of Clarity PPM SaaS as soon as possible. The Change Impact and Upgrade Planning Guide provides key information on the benefits and requirements to enable a successful upgrade. Broadcom would like to make your upgrade as straightforward as possible, and provide documentation to help you prepare for your upgrade. Clarity PPM user guides can be viewed at the Broadcom documentation site.
For additional information, please find the frequently asked questions and transition presentation. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this notice, please contact Clarity PPM SaaS transition team at email@example.com or reach out to your local account representative for assistance.