CA Technologies Reports First Quarter Fiscal Year 2018 Results
Note: this is a reprint of August 2, 2017, Business Wire article. The original article can be found here.
NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–CA Technologies (NASDAQ:CA) today reported financial results for its first quarter fiscal 2018, which ended June 30, 2017.
Mike Gregoire, CA Technologies Chief Executive Officer, said: “I am very pleased with our overall performance during the first quarter. CA Technologies continues to gain traction in the market and with our customers, who increasingly view CA as a strategic partner. As the momentum from fiscal year 2017 has continued into the early part of fiscal year 2018, we have increased confidence that these positive data points are beginning to form a trend. We are building CA for long-term sustainable growth and are pleased to be in a position to raise our fiscal year 2018 guidance.”
- Total revenue increased due to an increase in software fees and other revenue, partially offset by decreases in subscription and maintenance revenue and professional services revenue. Our fourth quarter fiscal 2017 acquisitions of Automic Holding GmbH (Automic) and Veracode, Inc. (Veracode) contributed approximately 6 points of revenue growth for the quarter.
- Total bookings decreased due to a decline in renewal bookings, which included a large system integrator transaction that occurred in the first quarter of fiscal 2017 with an incremental contract value in excess of $475 million.
- The Company executed a total of 9 license agreements with incremental contract values in excess of $10 million each, for an aggregate contract value of $176 million. During the first quarter of fiscal 2017, the Company executed a total of 14 license agreements with incremental contract values in excess of $10 million each, for an aggregate contract value of $910 million which included the aforementioned large system integrator transaction.
- The weighted average duration of subscription and maintenance bookings for the quarter was 3.17 years, compared with 4.93 years for the same period in fiscal 2017.
SELECTED HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE QUARTER
- CA Technologies was named as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Project Portfolio Management, Worldwide. The report evaluated CA Project & Portfolio Management (CA PPM) and positioned CA Technologies highest in the Leaders quadrant for ability to execute.
- CA Technologies was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Agile Planning Tools. The report evaluated CA Agile Central, an enterprise-class platform purpose-built for scaling agile development practices. CA Technologies was positioned the furthest in the Leaders quadrant for Completeness of Vision.
- CA Technologies was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Access Management, Worldwide 2017. The report evaluated CA’s identity and access management portfolio and the Company’s ability to execute and completeness of Vision
- CA Technologies was named an Overall Leader in Privilege Management for the fourth consecutive year in KuppingerCole’s Leadership Compass report. CA Privileged Access Management was recognized as a leader in the Product, Innovation and Market Categories.
- CA Technologies was named by Forbes magazine as one of America’s Best Employers for 2017.
- CA Technologies was named by Working Mother magazine as one of the Best Companies for Multicultural Women for 2017.
In The News is brought to you by WinMill Software, a CA Technologies Focus Partner and leading provider of CA PPM consulting services in North America. WinMill can support all of your CA PPM needs, including training and application hosting.
As a leading technology product company, Broadcom will focus on selling hardware and software while deemphasizing the provision of services. Instead, they will rely on partners to provide services to their customers. WinMill Software is the leading provider of Clarity consulting services in North America, and we are uniquely qualified to leverage this shift.
Leaders in this market have shown a combination of strong vision either in leading agile thought or the combination of agile with developer collaboration and DevOps. Leaders have broad market reach and adoption, as shown in client inquiries and survey data as well as their corresponding growth and marketing presence. Vendors in this category are safe bets for large-scale adoption and we expect them to have a continued solid market presence.