General Availability Announcement for Clarity Release 16.1.2
By: Doug Kalkowski
On Monday, May 22, 2023, Broadcom made Clarity version 16.1.2 available to all SaaS and On-Premise customers.
North American SaaS customers will be upgraded on the following days:
Development (non-prod) systems: Friday, June 2nd, 2023
PROD systems: Saturday, June 24th, 2023
As usual, Broadcom has delivered several features to enhance their customers’ experience using Clarity. Below are some highlights of the new features included in this release.
Investment Management Enhancements
Enable users to copy Tasks between Investments or within an Investment directly from the Timeline view
Update additional information about Task Dependencies in the Details Flyout
- All Chart Widgets expand to display more values
- Canvases have new Table Widgets and Widget configuration options, such as the ability to expand or increase display size within the canvas.
- Configuration capabilities to reorder & group tiles in the Custom Investment & Custom Object workspaces
- Export all canvases to PDF.
Resource Management Enhancements
Updated the Staffing – Allocation Timeline to configure the over/under allocation Thresholds
Providing Financial Transparency
Visibility into all unposted transactions originating from any source in a new Transactions workspace
Clarity Connections Enhancements (Clarity-Rally)
Foundations for OKR Management
- Introduction of out of the box Objectives & Key Results, with Targets and Actuals
- The new OKRs integrate with Rally
Enhancements Requested by Customers
- Additional grid support for multiple ‘Group By’ (up to 3)
- Option to hide or show Totals row aggregation values without using ‘Group By’ in all grids*
- Display an asterisk on the Properties module & Details flyout for business rule required attributes
- Custom (Master) Object support for TSVs with CSV import
- Boards: Automatically hide the “None” column and swim lane when empty
- A visual indicator identifying an unsaved state for a new row in the grid (in addition to color)
- Clarity’s ‘wrap text’ capability was updated to break in between words for both column headers & grid cell content
For a complete listing of all the enhancements included in this release, see Broadcom’s Release notes.
If you are interested in upgrading to Clarity version 16.1.1, contact Winmill PPM at PPMInfo@winmill.com
While frustrating, timesheets are an integral component of successful management. A typical resource manager oversees a team working on multiple projects simultaneously. The manager needs to ensure that the right people with the right skill sets are assigned to the appropriate projects as they arise, so a clear understanding of current and future capabilities and capacity is essential. For this, the manager needs to have a degree of certainty that the team is entering project time regularly and reliably.